Eyelash Extensions at A Touch of Color Makeup and Hair Studio in Shelton, CT
Eyelash extensions are a beautiful way to extend and add volume to your already existing lashes. We take the current length and thickness of the client’s natural lash into consideration when designing their new look. The health of our clients’ lashes is our priority!
Eyelash extensions are the latest trend in the beauty industry. We don’t see it as a trend so much as a necessity. We have a wide array of clients who know that they want to have a finished look without a lot of time invested. At A Touch of Color Makeup and Hair Studio, our eyelash technicians are trained from the best in the beauty business including, Xtreme, Lash Affair, and Novalash. We constantly attend seminars and workshops to stay up to date on the current trends and bring our valued clients the latest this industry has to offer.
Classic Eyelash Extension (one lash to one lash)
Please note: If client comes in from another salon with less than 2/3 of their lashes on, the lash technician may have to charge for more time and product which will then be considered a full set.
Volume Russian Lashes (2 to 7 lashes per lash)
Please note: If a client comes in with less then 1/3 of their lashes on, it will result in a new set.
Add the perfect lift to your natural eyelashes that lasts for up to 8 weeks! This service is a great alternative to eyelash extensions, or for clients with sensitivities. Unlike traditional lash curling methods (using a rod to curl the lash), our lash lift bends the lash at the root making the lashes appear fuller, thicker and longer!
Before Care Instructions:
- Let us know beforehand if you have any latex allergies, have undergone chemotherapy treatment within the last 6 months or have a thyroid condition.
- Shower before your appointment as your new set of lashes will need to remain free from water for 24 hours in order to cure.
- If you wear contacts, they MUST be removed prior to your treatment. Please bring your contact case. We have sterile solution.
- Please come in makeup free, especially around the eye area so we can get the best bond possible. Do not use any oil based products around the eyes 12 hours prior.
- Let us know if you would like volume lashes or classic lashes prior to your appointment so we can properly book for time.
Once You Arrive:
- We will take you through a full consultation and signing of a consent form. We will walk you through step by during your treatment for the first time so you know what to expect.
- Plan on at least 2 hours for your appointment depending on which type of lash you are wanting.
After Care Instructions:
- Your technician will explain, in full detail, the after care instructions you will need to follow to ensure the health and longevity of your lashes. Please plan on purchasing our aftercare package which is an additional $40. This way, we will know all proper care is being taken after your appointment.
- Keep as much makeup away from the eye area as this can break down the bond of the glue.
- Watch out for excessive heat, oven, hairdryer, sauna, and sweat. If you have oily skin, you may need to use cleaner a bit more often.
- Stay away from the shower head coming straight down into your eyes.
- Use only products instructed by your technician that are made for eyelash extensions. We cannot guarantee our work if we know that other products are being used that can possibly damage the eyelash extension.
- Remember we lose 3 to 5 lashes a day so this is normal! This is why we need fill ins. Do not pick, roll or twist lashes. Not only will it damage your own lashes, but it will remove the extensions and break retention as well. Oil transmission from fingers will break down the glue.
DO’S & DON’TS OF EYELASH EXTENSIONS
- DO NOT use waterproof mascara.
- DO NOT use oil based makeup removers or oil based cleansers around the eye area.
- DO NOT use water around the eye area within 24 hours of the initial or touch-up procedure. Water on the eye within this time frame could cause the glue to break down and your lashes to fall off.
- DO NOT rub, tug or pull on the extensions. This will cause your lashes to fall out and could damage your natural lashes.
- DO wear glasses for the first 24 hours after an eyelash extension if you normally wear contacts.
- DO keep your lash fill appointments. We offer standing appointments for your convenience so that you can keep the same time and day each time!